今天KET与PET研习社将带大家一起来学习of mine；my own；myself三种用来表示“我的”的用法！
(a friend) of mine
A friend of mine = one of my friends:
A friend of mine is getting married on Sunday. (not a friend of me)
We went on holiday with some friends of ours. (not some friends of us)
Harry had an argument with a neighbour of his.
It was a good idea of yours to go to the cinema.
除以上的物主代词之外，我们也可以说of +my sister’s / Tom’s 等等 :
That woman over there is a friend of my sister’s. (= one of my sister’s friends)
It was a good idea of Tom’s to go to the cinema.
my own / your own
my own … / your own … etc. = something that is only mine/yours, not shared or borrowed:
I don’t want to share a room with anybody. I want my own room.
Vicky and Gary would like to have their own house.
It’s a shame that the apartment hasn’t got its own parking space.
It’s my own fault that I have no money. I buy too many things I don’t need.
Why do you want to borrow my car? Why don’t you use your own? (= your own car)
I’d like to have a room of my own.
He won’t be able to help you with your problems. He has too many problems of his own.
Paul usually cuts his own hair. (= he cuts it himself)
I’d like to have a garden so that I could grow my own vegetables. (= grow them myself instead of buying them from shops)
on my own / by myself
On my own and by myself both mean‘alone’
I like living on my own. = I like living by myself.
Some people prefer to live on their own. = … live by themselves.
Jack was sitting on his own in a corner of the cafe. = Jack was sitting by himself …
Did you go on holiday on your own? = Did you go on holiday by yourself?
用my own / your own形式，或者 myself/yourself 形式完成下列句子：
1. Did you go on holiday on ?
2. The box was too heavy for me to lift by .
3. We had no help decorating the apartment. We did it completely on .
4. Very young children should not go swimming by .
5. ‘ Who was Tom with when you saw him?’ ‘Nobody. He was by .’
6. I don’t like strawberries with cream. I like them on .
7. Do you like working with other people or do you prefer working by ?
8. I went out with Sally because she didn’t want to go out on .