Prefer, would prefer和would rather都有表达偏好的意思，那么三者之间有没有区别呢？三者分别的使用规则又有什么呢？一起来看看吧！
Prefer/Would Prefer/Would Rather使用规则
当表达普遍的偏好时，我们会使用prefer to …或者 prefer doing。
I don’t like cities. I prefer to live in the country or I prefer living in the country.
I prefer this coat to the other one.
I prefer driving to travelling by train.
I prefer driving rather than travelling by train.
I prefer to drive rather than travel by train.
2. Would prefer （= ‘d prefer）
Would you prefer tea or coffee?——Coffee, please.
I would prefer fruit juice.
‘Shall we go by train?’ ‘I’d prefer to drive.’ (= I would prefer todrive)
I’d prefer to stay at home tonight rather than go to the cinema.
3. Would rather（= ‘d rather）
I would rather do = I would prefer to do
注意：当用would rather谈论别人应该做某事时，应该使用would rather did。这里的did指的并不是过去式，而是一种使用规则。比较下面两个句子:
I would rather make dinner now.
I would rather you made dinner now. (not I’d rather you make)
否定形式则为：I‘d rather you didn’t tell anyone what I said.
prefer/would prefer/would rather三者区分
通过以上所述我们也可以得出，prefer, would prefer和would rather三者的使用区别在于：prefer用于表达普遍的偏好，而would prefer和would rather用于表达在特定情况下的偏好。
1. ‘Shall I tell Anna what happened?’ ‘No, I’d rather she know.’
2. You can stay here if you want to, but I’d rather you with us.
3. I don’t like this programme. I’d rather not it.
4. I’d rather work outdoors work in an office.
5. This is a private matter. I’d rather you tell anybody else.
原创文章，作者：孙榕，如若转载，请注明出处：《Prefer/Would Prefer/Would Rather三者有什么区别？用法分别是什么？-KET/PET基础语法知识点》https://www.testdaily.cn/36112/